Floorball, a fantastic addition to campus recreation or college intramural programs!
Floorball is one of the fastest growing indoor sports in the world. The rules lend themselves to an exciting and fast style of game play that is easy to learn. While similar to floor hockey, it has significant differences. The equipment design makes it safer than floor hockey yet much quicker. A floorball stick is shorter (just over waist high), very light weight with a better grip making it easier to control, and tough (fiberglass composites) for excellent durability. This makes the game very fast and there is never any damage to gym floors. There is no body checking or stick checking. These rules along with the easy to handle sticks make the game safe for everybody.
What makes floorball so popular?
- It's Fun! Everyone participates.
- It is NOT gender-specific. Easily played co-ed.
- You can be in any physical condition or have limited mobility to play.
- It's very inclusive. Unlike other sports, with floorball, individual players generally cannot dominate play. Everybody gets lots of time with the ball.
- Very safe -- Rules designed with "safety first" in mind.
- Equipment is light and easy to control. Injuries are not an issue because the stick is made of a lightweight fiber with a plastic blade. The ball is also plastic.
- Body and stick checking are not permitted and playing of the ball or stick above the knee is illegal.
- Easy to learn. Can teach basic rules in 5 minutes.
- LOW COST: Requires only sneakers, shorts, t-shirt, a ball and a stick to play.
- Emphasis on speed, skill and technique over physical strength.
- Promotes teamwork, fun social interaction, provides a fantastic cardio workout.
All you need to start a campus rec or intramural program is a set of sticks and balls. Choose one of our recommended floorball stick packages below...