In 2013, the Dallas Stars of the National Hockey League were looking to: br>
- Grow its fan base and introduce hockey to a larger percentage of the local population.
- Help fight childhood obesity by making a healthy lifestyle enjoyable and easy to maintain for kids of all ages.
- Create a partnership with Dallas-Fort Worth area schools to introduce kids to hockey and hockey-like activities.
- The Stars enthusiastically embraced floorball as the best activity to introduce kids to the sport of hockey.
- They partnered with FloorballPlanet to introduce floorball to area elementary schools while emphasizing the Dallas Stars brand.
- Healthy Choices
- Cross Training
The Fitness Stars Program Incorporates 5 Challenges: